1. What is CF Award?
The Canton Fair Design Award (CF Award for short) selection held once a year by the Canton Fair aims to pick out cutting-edge products combining both design and business value at home and abroad. By presenting the design value of the products, enhancing brand communication, and promoting exchanges at the Fair, it helps with the high-quality development of international trade.
2. Is there any charge for participation?
Participation is free of charge.
3. What costs may be involved during the selection?
Including but not limited to costs of packaging, transportation, document delivery, insurance, government/governing department review and license and related documents, some marketing activities, etc.
Before submitting product information:
1. How to apply for the CF Award selection?
Please click the link below:
For the declaration guide, please log in to the website: https://cief.cantonfair.org.cn/en/cf/detail.aspx?oid=54669&m=m2
2. What are the selection criteria?
•Innovative and quality products and enterprises intending to join the Canton Fair.
•The participating product must be the original product of the participant with independent intellectual property rights or related legal authorization, and must be marketed in the recent five (5) years;
•The participating product should fall into the seven categories set by the CF Award;
•Only one participant can apply for participation with the same product. In principle, each participant shall participate in the selection with no more than ten (10) (series of) products;
•Award-winning products can not participate in the selection again. Products of the same series, or similar in function, appearance or design concept shall be declared as one series.
3. Can I join the selection in my name?
Sorry. Individual participation is not accepted for the time being. The CF Award is a professional award. When declaring your product, you need to upload your business license or other documents to prove your company’s identity.
4. Is a design agency eligible for the selection?
Yes. When declaring the product, the design agency should upload its business license or other documents to prove its identity.
When submitting product information:
1: How to select the participants range?
There are two factors to refer to: product category and the industry that your company is engaged in. For details of the participants range, please log in to the website: https://cief.cantonfair.org.cn/cn/cf/detail.aspx?oid=54534&m=m1
Chemical and food products are not included in the selection currently.
2. Should the product have a national patent certificate?
The CF Award selection does not require national patent certificates. Of course, the judges would prefer products with patent certificates, award certificates and so on. In addition, participating products must be the original products of the participants with independent intellectual property rights or related legal authorization.
3. Can I declare more than one products?
Yes. In principle, each participant shall participate in the selection with no more than ten (10) (series of) products. Products of the same series, or similar in function, appearance or design concept shall be declared as one series.
4. What should I do if I fail to upload product pictures or videos?
Please check whether the file format and size meet our requirements first; Refresh the upload page; Try another browser (Google Chrome is recommended). If you still cannot upload them, please contact the CF Award Selection Office.
After submitting product information:
1. Can I modify the information I have submitted?
It depends on the review status of the product. If the CF Award Selection Office has not reviewed product information, you can log in to the system and directly modify it. If product information has been reviewed, please contact the CF Award Selection Office to submit new information and explain why.
2. How to check whether my application is successful?
You can check the declaration progress and the review status in the declaration system.
1. Do I need to send the product for the selection? When should I send it?
The product qualified for the final selection should be sent according to the time specified by our official notice. Applicants who fail to send their products on time will be regarded as giving up the qualification for the final selection. If the product cannot be sent, please contact the organizer for board display.
2. Who should bear delivery costs?
Delivery costs of participating products to and from the organizer should be borne by the participants.
3. Where can I get the address and recipient’s contact information for product delivery?
The address and recipient’s contact information for product delivery should be subject to the official email.
4. If the product is damaged during delivery, who should bear the corresponding liability and compensation?
The organizer should not assume the corresponding consequence and responsibility. It is suggested that the participating enterprise buy freight insurance when sending the product, so that the logistics company should bear corresponding responsibility and compensation and protect its rights and interests.
5. How will the organizer return the product?
(1) The CF Award Selection Office will arrange product return twice: First product return (only some non-winning products will be sent back after the final selection) and second product return (winning products and the other non-winning products will be sent back after the CF Award excellent product exhibition and related promotional activities). To ensure the normal operation of the selection, exhibition and other activities, no participants should request the return of their products during the non-return time in principle.
(2) All transportation, customs and other expenses incurred by product return will be borne by the participants. As for products to be sent back to Chinese addresses, the CF Award Selection Office will send them by cash on delivery. As for products to be sent back to foreign addresses, the participants should prepare necessary documents (including but not limited to express waybill, proforma invoice and packing list) for product return within the time specified by the CF Award Selection Office (email notice), and contact the logistics company to pick up the products at the designated place (The terms on the return of foreign products are not applicable to the 2022 event).
(3) If the participant fails to fill in return information in the system and fails to actively contact the organizer to provide complete return information before the award ceremony, the CF Award Selection Office will regard the participant as voluntarily giving up the ownership of the product.
(4) Please contact the CF Award Selection Office if you have any other special requirements for product return.
1. Who are the members of the CF Award Jury Committee?
Members of the jury: International buyers, design masters at home and abroad, trade association experts at home and abroad, experts from design institutions, experts from inspection and testing institutions, media professionals, etc.
The chairman of the Jury Committee is a respected design expert and is responsible for presiding over the selection meeting and organizing the selection.
2. How long will the selection take?
Please refer to the award calendar for the selection procedure: https://cief.cantonfair.org.cn/en/cf/notice.aspx
3. Will the product be used in actual operation?
In the final selection, the CF Award Selection Office and the CF Award Jury Committee will try to operate the product so that the judges can know the product more directly and make more objective evaluations. Please give full consideration to the losses and costs of the product or the incurred losses and costs therefrom.
4. Can I send someone to demonstrate the product at the final selection site?
Due to the pandemic, the final selection site is temporarily closed to participating enterprises for on-site demonstrations.
5. What products will the jury committee prefer?
The jury committee will select products based on five criteria: innovation, function, quality, aesthetics and environmental protection.
Products with one or more highlights besides these five features are more likely to be favored by the jury committee.
1. What rights and rewards will I get if I win the award?
After winning the award, the participants will enjoy exclusive services, such as free and extensive online and offline publicity by the Canton Fair at home and abroad, promotion of new products, invitation to the award ceremony, authorized use of the CF Award logo and product yearbook printing. For more details about rights and rewards, please refer to the website: https://cief.cantonfair.org.cn/cn/cf/detail.aspx?oid=26782&m=m3.
2. How will the certificate and trophy be sent?
The CF Award Selection Office will issue electronic certificates to the winners free of charge. All certificates will be automatically generated by the declaration system after the final selection of the year. Participants can download them by themselves. Winners who are invited to attend the award ceremony and who attend the award ceremony will be awarded certificates and trophies at the ceremony. Those who cannot attend the ceremony can contact the organizer to send them the certificates and trophies by cash on delivery.
Release Date：10/15/2022 6:25:07 PM